Harbor Freight Tools uses United States Postal Service, FedEx Smart Post, FedEx Ground, FedEx Second Day, FedEx Next Day Air or truck freight line to ship your orders. You will receive a shipping confirmation email that will confirm which carrier is used for your products when your order ships.
Orders shipped via freight are subject to additional charges per overweight item as shown on the applicable product page. Customers are responsible for all lift-gate charges when shipped by truck.
- Over 150 lbs. in the contiguous states
- Over 70 lbs. outside of the contiguous states
- Girth over 130 inches. Girth = (width + height) x 2 + length
Example: An item is 15l x 10w x 5h
(10 + 5) * 2 + 15 = 45 Girth
Things to Know:
- To qualify for $6.99 flat-rate shipping, any items within your order MUST NOT be oversized** or overweight*.
- Exceptions: $6.99 flat-rate shipping applies only to locations in the contiguous United States.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii are not eligible.
- This limited-time offer is subject to change without notice.
- Express rates will be calculated based on the type of service, product weight and shipping delivery zip code entered during checkout.
- Gift Cards are not subject to sales tax or standard delivery charges. For Express Shipping - Select 2nd Day or Next Day Shipping during checkout. Additional fees apply.
- Harbor Freight Tools does not currently ship to APO or FPO addresses due to certain export requirements. We are reviewing alternative approaches and hope to change this policy soon to better serve members of our armed forces.
- Guidelines for shipping to P.O. Box addresses:
- Maximum weight for packages shipped within the 48 contiguous states is 8 lbs.
- Maximum weight for packages shipped to AK, HI or GU is 70 lbs.
If you do not have the equipment to offload certain overweight items from the delivery truck, a truck with a lift gate must be assigned for delivery of your order and additional charges will apply. The lift-gate charge covers the cost of this special delivery. A freight company usually contacts you 24-48 hours prior to delivery to make lift-gate arrangements. Please assure your order has a valid daytime phone number, or voicemail box set-up. If you have questions, you may contact Customer Service at 1-800-444-3353, Monday thru Sunday, 6am to 6pm (PT).
If an order has one or more items on backorder, Harbor Freight will charge shipping on the entire merchandise total including the shipping cost for the item(s) on backorder. When a backordered item ships, you will only be charged for the item (plus tax if applicable). The item will be sent as soon as our warehouse receives the new shipment.
If using a debit card, we recommend that you deduct the full amount of your order from your records today to ensure funds are available when your item becomes available.
If the backordered item you selected is discontinued or otherwise unavailable, the item will be cancelled from your order and you will not be charged. If your item was discontinued, there may be a comparable item or upgraded version available. Please search our website or contact Customer Service for assistance at 1-800-444-3353, Monday thru Sunday, 6am to 6pm (PT).
Delivery times are expected, not guaranteed. If payment authorization is delayed in order to confirm payment or prevent fraud, Harbor Freight reserves the right to delay shipments. Every effort will be made to ship at the soonest possible time. Overweight items that require truck delivery may take longer. Most non-overweight orders will arrive within the below time periods after they leave our warehouses:
Standard Ground: 3 – 7 Business Days Express: Second Business Day Premium: Next Business Day Truck: 10 – 20 Business Days
Things to Know:
- Harbor Freight Tools cannot ship to P.O. Box address if shipping within the 48 contiguous states.
- Weather delays and other circumstances may impact delivery time. Estimated arrival dates are not guaranteed.
- Deliveries to Alaska, Hawaii and rural areas will take longer.
- Restricted items - Gas powered or explosive items (e.g. generators, engines, spray paint) cannot be shipped via express service. Prior to sale, gas powered items are tested for functionality using a small amount of fuel. Residual fuel poses potential risks during air transport and is therefore prohibited due to airline regulations.
- Freight Policy - Title and risk of loss pass to you upon Harbor Freight’s tender of product to the shipping carrier.
Due to the size of some of our products, larger items will arrive in their original manufacturers' packaging. Be aware that the packaging may reveal the product contents.