SECURITY & PRIVACY
Harbor Freight will collect, use, disclose and otherwise manage your Personal Information in accordance with this Privacy and Security Policy.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
As used in this Privacy and Security Policy, "Personal Information" means personally identifiable information such as your name, street address, telephone number, credit card information, screen name and email address.
Harbor Freight may collect and use Personal Information that you provide us when you:
- Purchase, order, return, exchange, register or request certain information about Harbor Freight's products and services;
- Request warranty or tax exempt information;
- Contact a Customer Call Center or customer service desk;
- Visit, register on, post to or participate in the features of one of Harbor Freight's Sites;
- Open an account or enter into a contest or sweepstakes, join a club or participate in a program offered by Harbor Freight;
- Respond to one of Harbor Freight's surveys;
- Provide Harbor Freight with comments or suggestions;
- Provide Harbor Freight with any information contributed to our Sites on your behalf;
- Provide Harbor Freight other contact information.
When you use one of the Harbor Freight Sites, certain additional information is collected without you being prompted to provide it. This information includes, but is not limited to, cookies which are covered below.
A note about "Phishing" attacks: Harbor Freight will never send you an email requesting you to validate account/password information or personal information such as credit card numbers. If you do receive an email that appears to come from Harbor Freight and asks for this type of information please forward the email directly to email@example.com and then delete from your inbox.
Shopping at Harbor Freight
When you purchase products and services at one of Harbor Freight's Stores, you may do so anonymously when you pay with cash. If you use a credit or debit card for any of your purchases, whether online or in a store, Harbor Freight will collect your credit or debit card information and keep a history of your purchases. Harbor Freight uses this information to process your orders, to ensure proper delivery, to better assist you when you visit or call us as well as to improve our product and service offerings.
When you return previously purchased merchandise or request a refund or exchange, you may be asked to give your name, address, telephone number and provide other information that identifies you, such as your driver's license. Harbor Freight collects this information to help prevent fraud.
Customer Call Centers
When you call one of Harbor Freight's Customer Call Centers about a product, delivery, a billing question or for customer service, you may be asked for information that identifies you along with additional information we need to help us promptly answer your questions, such as your name, email information, mailing address and a telephone number where we might contact you. Harbor Freight may retain this information to assist you in the future or for its other business needs.
(a) Information Harbor Freight Requests. Registration and/or club or program membership is an optional service provided by Harbor Freight through its Sites. You do not have to register or join to browse or shop online. When you register or join, you are asked for certain Personal Information which may be used to assist us in our provision of services.
(b) Newsletters/Offers/Coupons. When you register or join, you will have the opportunity to receive future marketing information from Harbor Freight and to sign up for email newsletters, coupons and offers that cover certain subjects that are of interest to you. These newsletters, coupons and offers will be sent to you only if you choose to place your name on our mailing list. In order for us to deliver these newsletters, coupons and offers, Harbor Freight may need to pass along your name and email address to the Service Providers who supply us with email service and who authenticate and validate the information you provide.
Contests, Sweepstakes, Questions or Surveys
When you ask a question, participate in a survey or enter a contest or sweepstakes at a Store or by Mail, a Harbor Freight sponsored event or through our Sites, we may collect your Personal Information. This information is used to administer your participation in a contest or sweepstakes and for Harbor Freight’s other business needs, including sending you marketing communications.
Extended Service Plans and Inside Track Club
If you purchase a Harbor Freight Extended Service Plan or Inside Track Club membership, you will be required to provide Personal Information to third-party Service Providers.
Non-Voluntary Information; Personalized Advertising
(a) General Tracking Information. Our Sites collect information through a number of different technologies, including cookies and Web beacons. Cookies, web beacons and other technical methods may involve the transmission of information either directly to us or to another party authorized by us to collect information on our behalf. Among other things, Harbor Freight keeps records of the pages visited by each site user. Harbor Freight aggregates this information with data on the pages visited by other users to track overall visitor traffic patterns. Harbor Freight uses this information to improve its Sites and to develop functions and user tools which will make it more responsive to the needs and preferences of Harbor Freight customers.
(b) Cookies and Web Beacons. Harbor Freight websites use a technology called "cookies" to help facilitate transactions on the Sites. A cookie is an element of software code that Harbor Freight Sites can send to your browser, which is then stored on your hard drive so we can recognize you when you return. Should you decide not to accept cookies from our Sites, you will limit the functionality we can provide when you visit our Site. Third parties may place anonymous cookies on your browser and may send their own cookies to your cookies file, which may allow personalized retargeting technology and service of personalized banners to enhance your shopping experience. The Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) consumer opt-out page currently located at https://thenai.org/opt-out/ permits you to opt-out of behavioral advertising with some of the third parties whose cookies may be placed on your browser when you visit our sites. Web beacons are small pieces of data that are embedded in images on the pages of websites.
(c) Other Information. We may collect additional automatic information about your visit to our Site, such as time of day, browser type and version, browser language, your operating system and platform, and the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet. This information is used for analytical purposes and to help us provide services to our customers. We may also use this information to administer and troubleshoot our Sites.
(d) Aggregate Information. On occasion we may provide this aggregate information (which shall not include personally identifiable information) to vendors, investors, potential advertisers, or news agencies to demonstrate the amount of interest in our Site and to help us plan for technical infrastructure requirements.
(e) Emails. In HTML emails that we send our customers, we may use technology for a variety of purposes, including, without limitation, determining whether our customers have opened or forwarded those emails and/or clicked on links in those emails, customizing banner advertisements and other messages after a customer has closed the email, and determining whether a customer has made an inquiry or purchase in response to a particular email. These technologies may enable us to collect and use information in a form that is personally identifiable.
(f) SMS Messaging (Harbor Freight Alerts)
What is Harbor Freight Alerts?
Harbor Freight’s text messages program (“Harbor Freight Alerts”) is intended to provide you with promotional information, upcoming deliveries, news, coupons, product launches. To subscribe to marketing updates, text TOOLS to 34648. To receive Harbor Freight text messages, you must be a resident of the United States and 18 years of age or older.
By signing up for Harbor Freight Alerts, texting us from your mobile phone or providing us with your mobile number, you are agreeing to receive automated promotional text messages from or on behalf of Harbor Freight. Your consent to receive these messages is not a condition of purchasing any property, good or service.
Is it free?
Standard messaging and data rates may apply. Depending on your text plan, you may be charged by your carrier. Message frequency will vary. Some mobile carriers may not allow participation in the Harbor Freight Alert program.
What if I don't want to receive any further notification messages?
Text STOP to 34648 to cancel the Harbor Freight service. After doing so, you may receive one automated SMS message to confirm you have been unsubscribed.
What if I want more info?
Text HELP to 34648 for more information or contact Harbor Freight at +1-800-444-3353.
Who are the participating carriers?
Participating carriers may change from time to time, but currently include Verizon Wireless, AT&T, Sprint, TMobile® , Boost, Virgin Mobile USA & Metro PCS.
T-Mobile® is not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
STOP: At any time, you can text STOP or TEXTSTOP to 34648. This will prevent you from receiving any future texts from Harbor Freight.
HELP: At any time, you can text HELP to 34648. Texting HELP will return the following message: Harbor Freight Alerts: For additional support please contact +1-800-444-3353.
Your Mobile Telephone Number
You represent that you are the account holder for the mobile telephone number(s) that you provide and have the authority to consent to joining the Harbor Freight Alert program. You are responsible for notifying Company immediately if you change your mobile telephone number.
Termination of Harbor Freight Alerts
Harbor Freight may, in its sole and absolute discretion, suspend or terminate your receipt of text messages at any time without notice if Harbor Freight believes you are in breach of these Terms and Conditions or have joined or are using the service for an improper purpose. Harbor Freight reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, all or any part of its text message program, with or without notice.
When you either request funding or a donation, or you submit a nomination directly from the "Harborfreightdonations.com" Site, you may be asked to submit Personal Information that identifies you or your nominee. In addition to how Personal Information may be used and shared in accordance with this Privacy and Security Policy, Personal Information gathered solely from the "Harborfreightdonations.com" Site may also be shared with The Smidt Foundation, Harbor Freight Tools for Schools, LLC, Harbor Freight Tools Foundation, LLC, and each of their respective affiliates. However, Personal Information gathered solely from the "Harborfreightdonations.com" Site shall not be used for Harbor Freight marketing purposes.
Harbor Freight's Additional Use of Personal Information
Research and Marketing
In the U.S., to better serve you, we may combine the Personal Information that you provide with publicly available information and information we receive from or cross-reference with our marketing partners and others. Harbor Freight uses that combined information to enhance and personalize your shopping experience with us, to communicate with you about our products and events that may be of interest to you, and for other promotional purposes.
Third-Party Products and Services
We may share your Personal Information with third-parties so that they may provide you with information about our products and services and special offers. These third parties are not authorized by us to use your Personal Information in any other way. Harbor Freight does not sell your Personal Information.
Some of our operations, such as our Customer Call Centers, may be managed by unaffiliated companies. These companies may have access to your Personal Information on a confidential basis only to the extent necessary to perform their functions.
If your purchases are being shipped to you, we will share your shipping information with our delivery service providers (United Parcel Service, FedEx, U.S. Postal Service, or other delivery companies we select).
Harbor Freight Tools must provide your Personal Information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to an investigative body in the case of a breach of an agreement or contravention of law, or as otherwise required by law.
Third-Party Links, Data and Content Serving
Harbor Freight's Sites may include links to the websites of our business partners, vendors, advertisers and content served by third-parties. The inclusion of any link does not imply Harbor Freight's endorsement of any other company, its websites, or its products and/or services. These linked websites have separate and independent privacy policies, which we encourage you to read carefully. We have no control over such websites and therefore have no responsibility or liability for the manner in which the organizations that operate such linked websites may collect, use or disclose and otherwise treat your Personal Information. Third-party Service Providers may need access to some of your Personal Information. In such cases, we only provide third party agents with the minimum amount of information needed to complete the requested service or transaction. We may also provide your information to our affiliated companies and successors. We reserve the right to provide third parties with aggregate statistics about our clients, traffic, viewing and purchasing patterns and other site information. This data reflects site usage patterns, but does not contain personally identifiable information about any individual user. In certain circumstances, we may share your information with service providers that need access to your information to provide operational or other support services. To ensure the confidentiality and security of your information, service providers must agree to safeguard your information in confidence.
When you place orders, your order information, including your card number and delivery address, is transmitted through the Internet using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. SSL technology works with your browser to encrypt your order information before transmitting it to our server.
Information Collected from Third Parties
Privacy Preferences/Opt Out
If at any time you would like to be removed from any/all Harbor Freight marketing lists, newsletters, distribution lists, or the like, you may do so by contacting us in any of the ways identified in the section titled "How to Contact Harbor Freight". Please remember to include your email address, name, mailing address and telephone number in any request. If you do not wish to receive email from Harbor Freight Tools, you may unsubscribe from our mailing list by using the "Unsubscribe" link on any Promotional emails we send. If you choose not to use that link or did not receive a Promotional email from Harbor Freight, you may send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org with the word "REMOVE" in the subject line and your email address in the body. This email method may take up to 10 days to remove your address from the file.
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California consumer, for more information about your privacy rights, please see the section of this Privacy and Security Policy called "California Consumer Privacy Statement".
Harbor Freight is a company based in the United States. If you are not a United States resident, please do not send us any personal information. We reserve the right to remove any Personal Information from anyone we determine not to be a United States resident.
CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY STATEMENT
Last Updated: July 1st, 2020
This California Consumer Privacy Statement supplements the Privacy and Security Policy. It applies solely to California consumers and addresses personal information we collect online and offline. This Statement does not apply to Harbor Freight personnel. Sections 2-5 of this Statement do not apply to job applicants.
This Statement uses certain terms that have the meaning given to them in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 and its implementing regulations (the “CCPA”).
1. Notice of Collection and Use of Personal Information
We may collect (and may have collected during the 12-month period prior to the effective date of this Statement) the following categories of personal information about you:
- Identifiers: identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier (such as a device identifier; cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers and similar technology; customer number, unique pseudonym, or user alias; telephone number and other forms of persistent or probabilistic identifiers), online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, and other similar identifiers
- Additional Data Subject to Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80: signature, physical characteristics or description, state identification card number, education, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, and other financial information, medical information, and health insurance information
- Protected Classifications: characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, genetic information, disability, citizenship status, and military and veteran status
- Commercial Information: commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, and other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies
- Online Activity: Internet and other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with websites, applications or advertisements
- Geolocation Data
- Sensory Information: audio, electronic, visual, and similar information
- Employment Information: professional or employment-related information
- Education Information: education information that is not publicly available personally identifiable information as defined in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Sec. 1232g; 34 C.F.R. Part 99)
- Inferences: inferences drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile about you reflecting your preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
We may use (and may have used during the 12-month period prior to the effective date of this Statement) your personal information for the purposes described in our Privacy & Security Policy and for the following business purposes specified in the CCPA:
- Performing services, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytics services, or providing similar services
- Auditing related to a current interaction with you and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance
- Short-term, transient use, including, but not limited to, the contextual customization of ads shown as part of the same interaction
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us
- Managing career opportunities with Harbor Freight.
2. Sources of Personal Information
During the 12-month period prior to the effective date of this Statement, we may have obtained personal information about you from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you, such as when you make a purchase
- From your devices, such as when you visit our Sites
- Our affiliates and subsidiaries
- Vendors who provide services on our behalf
- Online advertising services and advertising networks
- Data analytics providers
- Government entities
- Social networks
- Data brokers
3. Sale of Personal Information
We do not exchange your personal information in exchange for monetary consideration. We may allow certain third parties (such as online advertising services) to collect your personal information via automated technologies on our Sites in exchange for non-monetary consideration. We share the categories of personal information listed below for online advertising purposes [and to provide third-party social network features and functionality on our Sites]. You have the right to opt-out of this disclosure of your information, which may be considered a “sale” under California law.
During the 12-month period prior to the effective date of this Statement, we may have sold the following categories of personal information about you to online advertising services and social networks:
- Commercial Information
- Online Activity
We do not have actual knowledge that we sell personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
4. Sharing of Personal Information
During the 12-month period prior to the effective date of this Statement, we may have shared your personal information with certain categories of third parties, as described below.
We may have disclosed the following categories of personal information about you for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
|Category of Personal Information||Category of Third Party|
|Additional Data Subject to Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80 Law||
In addition to the categories of third parties identified above, during the 12-month period prior to the effective date of this Statement, we may have shared personal information about you with government entities.
5. California Consumer Privacy Rights
You have certain choices regarding your personal information, as described below.
- Access: You have the right to request, twice in a 12-month period, that we disclose to you the personal information we have collected, used, disclosed and sold about you during the past 12 months.
- Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete certain personal information we have collected from you.
- Opt-Out of Sale: You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information.
- Shine the Light Request: You also may have the right to request that we provide you with (a) a list of certain categories of personal information we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year and (b) the identity of those third parties.
How to Submit a Request. Submit an access or deletion request or call us at 1-800-444-3353. To submit a Shine the Light request, please contact us in any of the ways identified in the section titled "How to Contact Harbor Freight". Submit a request to opt-out of the sale of your personal information or call us at 1-800-444-3353. To submit a request as an authorized agent on behalf of a consumer, submit an access or deletion request and choose Authorized Agent. For questions or concerns about our privacy policies and practices, please contact us as described in the "How to Contact Harbor Freight" section of our Privacy & Security Policy.
Verifying Requests. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your personal information or complying with your request. If you have an account with us, we may verify your identity by requiring you to sign in to your account. If you do not have an account with us and you request access to or deletion of your personal information, we may require you to provide any of the following information: first name, last name, mailing/shipping address, phone, and email address. In addition, if you do not have an account and you ask us to provide you with specific pieces of personal information, we may require you to sign a declaration under penalty of perjury that you are the consumer whose personal information is the subject of the request.
Additional Information. If you choose to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, you have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment by us. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request.
No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure, Harbor Freight cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us on our Sites.
How to Contact Harbor Freight
You may contact us in one of the following ways:
- Send an email to: email@example.com with "Internet Customer Service" in the subject line
- Call 1-800-444-3353 Monday thru Sunday, 6am to 6pm (PT)
- Send your request by mail to:
Harbor Freight Tools
3491 Mission Oaks Boulevard
Camarillo, CA 93011
ATTN: Internet Customer Service
Changes to the Privacy and Security Statement
We may change this Privacy and Security Policy at any time at our sole discretion. Any updates to our Privacy and Security Policy will be posted on this page so that you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances we disclose it. Continued use of our Sites, Stores, Customer Call Centers or other Harbor Freight services following our posting of the change notice or an updated Privacy and Security Policy will constitute binding acceptance of those changes.
Last Updated July 1, 2020