ITEMS PURCHASED ONLINE
If for any reason you are not satisfied with an item purchased from Harbor Freight Tools, you may return the product within 90 days for a full refund or replacement, whichever you prefer. The limited warranty term is 90-day beginning on the date of purchase or order. You must provide a copy of your packing slip/order with the item(s) listed. Shipping and handling charges are nonrefundable.For online and phone orders:
- If returning in-store, please provide a proof of purchase. If you do not have a proof of purchase, please obtain a Return Authorization by contacting Customer Service at 1-800-444-3353, Monday thru Sunday, 6am to 6pm (PT). Please provide your name, order number and a brief description of the reason(s) for the return.
- If returning by mail, please obtain a Return Authorization as outlined above
Online purchases can also be returned to any Harbor Freight store for an exchange or refund within 90 days of your purchase. A 20% re-stocking fee may apply. Just bring the item along with the order packing slip/order and we will gladly exchange or refund the purchase.
A specific list of items for which the 20% re-stocking fee is applicable is subject to change at any time. For items subject to the re-stocking fee, the fee will be waived if any of the below conditions are met:
- The item is unopened and in new condition;
- The item is exchanged for an upgrade in the same category;
- The item is being returned/exchanged under an Extended Service Plan;
- The item is being returned/exchanged due to a manufacturer defect;
Due to safety hazards, items that use flammable liquids or gases, or contain hazardous materials cannot be returned through the mail; even if the item was drained of these materials. For safety reasons, certain products cannot be returned to the store if opened. For returns, please call customer service toll-free at 1-844-416-9141.
ITEMS PURCHASED in STORE
If for any reason you are not satisfied with an item purchased from Harbor Freight Tools, you may return the product within 90 days for a full refund or replacement, whichever you prefer. The limited warranty term is 90-day beginning on the date of invoice. A 20% re-stocking fee may apply. You must provide the original receipt to receive an exchange or refund.
Things to Know:
- Proof of purchase is required for all returns and exchanges;
- Merchandise may be returned within 90 days of purchase for a refund or exchange in the original tender. Check and debit card purchases may be refunded in cash;
- A valid government issued ID must be presented at the time of return;
- Shipping and handling charges are nonrefundable.
- For safety reasons, items cannot contain oil or gas in them at the time of return or exchange;
- For safety reasons, certain products cannot be returned to the store if opened. For returns, please call customer service toll-free at 1-844-416-9141;
- Select items will be subject to a 20% re-stocking fee. See an associate for details;
- The manager has the right to refuse returns of any item, at any time, for any reason;
For your convenience, you do not have to exchange or return the item to the store from which it was originally purchased.
RETURNING PUMPS or SPRAYERS
For safety reasons, certain pumps and sprayers cannot be returned to the store if opened. For returns, you must verify your product SKU/item number is listed on the return form. If your item is listed and still under warranty, please download the return form , save it to your computer, complete and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. All required fields must be filled in or we may be unable to fulfill your request. If your item is not listed on the return form, it can be returned in store under normal warranty conditions.
Battery Recycling Program
Battery recycling policies and options vary by state. Click here to find recycling information applicable to your state.
Hand Tool Lifetime Warranty
Lifetime Warranty on Hand Tools — We guarantee our Hand Tools to be free from defects in material and workmanship for the life of the product. Limitations apply. Harbor Freight Tools will replace any hand tool that fails to properly work during the lifetime of the original purchaser. In the event an identical item is not available as a replacement: Harbor Freight Tools reserves the right to substitute a substantially similar item in its place. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may have other rights that vary from state to state.
Limited 90-Day Warranty
Harbor Freight Tools makes every effort to assure that its products meet high quality and durability standards, and warrants to the original purchaser that this product is free from defects in materials and workmanship for the period of 90 days beginning on the date of purchase or order.
This warranty does not apply to damage due directly or indirectly, to misuse, abuse, negligence or accidents, repairs or alterations outside our facilities, criminal activity, improper installation, normal wear and tear, or to lack of maintenance. We shall in no event be liable for death, injuries to persons or property, or for incidental and contingent, special or consequential damages arising from the use of our product.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation of exclusion may not apply to you. THIS WARRANTY IS EXPRESSLY IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS.
To take advantage of this warranty, the product or part must be returned to us with transportation charges prepaid. Proof of purchase (e.g. in-store receipt or packing slip/invoice), date and an explanation of the complaint must accompany the merchandise.
If our inspection verifies the defect, we will replace the product at our election or we may elect to refund the purchase price if we cannot readily and quickly provide you with a replacement. We will return repaired products at our expense, but if we determine there is no defect, or that the defect resulted from causes not within the scope of our warranty, then you must bear the cost of returning the product.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.