RETURNING ITEMS PURCHASED ONLINE
If for any reason you are not satisfied with an item purchased from Harbor Freight Tools, you may return the product within 90 days for a full refund or replacement, whichever you prefer. The limited warranty term is 90-days beginning on the date of purchase or order. You must provide a copy of your packing slip or order with the item listed. Shipping and handling charges are nonrefundable.
Return by Mail
If returning by mail, please obtain a Return Authorization by contacting Customer Service at 1-800-444-3353, Monday thru Sunday, 6am to 6pm (PT). Be prepared to provide your order number and a brief description of the reason for the return.
Online purchases can be returned to any Harbor Freight store for an exchange or refund within 90 days of your purchase. Just bring the item along with the order packing slip or order and we will gladly exchange or refund the purchase. If you do not have a proof of purchase, please obtain a Return Authorization by contacting Customer Service at 1-800-444-3353, Monday thru Sunday, 6am to 6pm (PT). Be prepared to provide your order number and a brief description of the reason for the return.
Things to Know:
- Merchandise may be returned within 90 days for a full refund or replacement, whichever you prefer
- Shipping and handling charges are non-refundable
- When returning an item to a store, you must provide a copy of your packing slip or order with the item listed
- Due to safety hazards, items that use flammable liquids or gases, or contain hazardous materials cannot be returned through the mail – even if the item was drained of these materials
- For safety reasons, certain products cannot be returned if opened – please call customer service at 1-844-416-9141
- Some items are subject to a re-stocking fee – see an associate for details
- When returning an item to a store, the manager has the right to refuse returns of any item, at any time, for any reason
RETURNING ITEMS PURCHASED IN STORE
If for any reason you are not satisfied with an item purchased from Harbor Freight Tools, you may return the product within 90 days for a full refund or replacement, whichever you prefer. The limited warranty term is 90-day beginning on the date of invoice. You must provide the original receipt to receive an exchange or refund.
Things to Know:
- Proof of purchase is required for all returns and exchanges
- Merchandise may be returned within 90 days of purchase for a refund or exchange in the original tender – check and debit card purchases may be refunded in cash
- A valid government-issued photo ID and/or other identifying information must be presented at the time of return and a copy may be recorded and retained
- Shipping and handling charges are non-refundable
- For safety reasons, items cannot contain oil or gas in them at the time of return or exchange
- For safety reasons, certain products cannot be returned if opened – please call Customer Service at 1-844-416-9141
- Some items are subject to a re-stocking fee – please see an associate for details
- The manager has the right to refuse returns of any item, at any time, for any reason, regardless of receipt
- For your convenience, you do not have to exchange or return the item to the store from which it was originally purchased
- We maintain a database of consumer activity and other information collected in connection with a purchase or a return, which we use to authorize returns and may share with third parties that provide fraud prevention services
A 20% re-stocking fee may apply to an item being returned. Items with a 20% re-stocking fee are subject to change at any time. See an associate for details or call Customer Service at 1-800-444-3353.
The re-stocking fee will be waived if any of these conditions are met:
- Item is unopened and in new condition
- Item is exchanged for an upgraded product in the same category
- Item is replaced under an Extended Service Plan
- Item is replaced under manufacturer Warranty
RETURNING PUMPS, SPRAYERS, AND DRAIN CLEANERS
For safety reasons, certain pumps, sprayers, and drain cleaners cannot be returned to the store if opened. Check this list to see if your product SKU is listed.
If the product SKU is on the above list and it has been opened, follow the steps below:
Returning Pumps, Sprayers, or Drain Cleaners Within 90 Days of Original Purchase
Filing a Claim on Pumps, Sprayers, or Drain Cleaners Beyond 90 Days of Original Purchase
Did you purchase an Extended Service Protection (ESP) Plan with your Pump, Sprayer, or Drain Cleaner? If so, you can file a claim if it has been more than 90 days since the original purchase AND your product fails for a covered reason.
All fields must be filled in correctly on the forms or we may be unable to fulfill your request.
If it has been longer than 90 days since your purchase and you did not purchase an Extended Purchase Plan, we regret we’re unable to accept your return.
BATTERY RECYCLING PROGRAM
Battery recycling policies and options vary by state. Find recycling information applicable to your state.
Hand Tool Lifetime Warranty
We guarantee our Hand Tools to be free from defects in material and workmanship for the life of the product. Limitations apply. Harbor Freight Tools will replace any hand tool that fails to properly work during the lifetime of the original purchaser. In the event an identical item is not available as a replacement: Harbor Freight Tools reserves the right to substitute a substantially similar item in its place. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may have other rights that vary from state to state.
Limited 90-Day Warranty
Harbor Freight Tools makes every effort to assure that its products meet high quality and durability standards, and warrants to the original purchaser that this product is free from defects in materials and workmanship for the period of 90 days beginning on the date of purchase or order.
This warranty does not apply to damage due directly or indirectly, to misuse, abuse, negligence or accidents, repairs or alterations outside our facilities, criminal activity, improper installation, normal wear and tear, or to lack of maintenance. We shall in no event be liable for death, injuries to persons or property, or for incidental and contingent, special or consequential damages arising from the use of our product.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation of exclusion may not apply to you. THIS WARRANTY IS EXPRESSLY IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS.
To take advantage of this warranty, the product or part must be returned to us with transportation charges prepaid. Proof of purchase (e.g. in-store receipt or packing slip/invoice), date and an explanation of the complaint must accompany the merchandise.
If our inspection verifies the defect, we will replace the product at our election or we may elect to refund the purchase price if we cannot readily and quickly provide you with a replacement. We will return repaired products at our expense, but if we determine there is no defect, or that the defect resulted from causes not within the scope of our warranty, then you must bear the cost of returning the product.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.